Girls Varsity Soccer ‘Kicks’ Off

Kyla Catarineau, Staff Writer

The girl’s varsity soccer team started the season with a record of four wins and one loss, with new head coach at the helm, Pat Fazio, and help from assistant coach, Erin Fry.

“The girl’s varsity soccer team is having a great start to the season,” said coach Fry. “The Lady Canes are working hard this season and I feel they will end this season with several wins in the book. I look forward to coaching this team and watching them progress throughout the season.”

The roster for this season consists mostly of seniors, with the exception of two juniors, two sophomores, and one freshman.

Out of the players on the team, there are two senior captains and a representative for every other class. The captains are Keeley Catarineau and Audrey Butler. The junior representative is Lexi Gautier, the sophomore representative is Lily Costa, and the freshman representative is Kyla Catarineau.

The team brought home five wins against Palmer Trinity, Westminster Christian, Key West, Somerset, and Bay High School; the scores were 5-0 and 1-0, 5-1, 8-0, and 8-0 (both mercy ruled in the middle of the third quarter by the Lady Canes) respectively.

The girls also brought home a tough loss against Carrolton, the score being 0-3.

Nevertheless, captain Keeley Catarineau commented on her hopes for this season.

“I’m feeling optimistic about the rest of the season and look forward to seeing how it plays out,” she said.

Head coach, Pat Fazio has some more specific hopes and thoughts on the team.

“The Varsity Girls Soccer team season is starting off well,” coach Pat Fazio said. “I feel like we have a lot of talent and I’m trying to bring the best out of each player and help them bring it all together as a team. I think we’ve got a better team than most people realize.”

On the team:

Audrey Butler
Kelsey Caputo
Keeley Catarineau
Kyla Catarineau
Gabrielle (Brie) Comeforo
Lily Costa
Paris Gasser
Lexi Gautiere
Mallory Hudson
Davia Lowrie
Sierra Jenkins
Makaela Sowder
Emma Upchurch