Former Coral Shores Student Starts Jewelry Business

An example of some of the necklaces LooshnCo makes.

CONTRIBUTED

Michelle Ramirez, Staff Writer

Former Coral Shores student Lucia Haswell started a small business, and many of her customers live in the Keys.

Lucia Haswell graduated from Coral Shores 2016 and instead of finding a job, she made her own by selling necklaces that has seem to get some attention down here in the Florida Keys.

Her company LooshnCo sells a variety of necklaces, and she markets necklaces as fashionable and affordable.

Haswell goes to University of Central Florida, and like many girls, tries to find the cheaper alternative to the latest trends.

“I was buying pearl chokers online for $25, and I was so fed up because they’re so simple and yet so expensive,” said Haswell. “So then I started to make my own

CONTRIBUTED
Brianna Acevedo wears one of her many LooshnCo necklaces.

for myself, and then I figured like if people would buy them for cheap, so I just started selling them.”

Haswell also has had an opportunity to give back from her profits that she got.

“At one point I was selling for children’s miracle network,” said Haswell.

Costumers of LooshnCo are happy with the necklaces they buy
“I have three, and they’re really pretty and unique also very affordable,” said sophomore Marley Dye.

Junior Brianna Acevedo, said, “I have 10. “They all come in so many colors, and I can wear them with almost anything.”

Haswell doesn’t plan on increasing her business due to the limited amount of time she has right now with school. She said she doesn’t have time to be fully invested in LooshnCo and can be a lot to handle for her sometimes. However she said she has learned some good business tactics that will help her in the future.

“It’s taught me how to save money and make offers and see consumers react to products,” said Haswell.

To purchase your own LooshnCo necklace go to  Instagram @looshnco or to the following link:  www.etsy.com/looshandCo?ref

CONTRIBUTED
Sophomore Marley Dye represents LooshnCo.