Canes Win Spring Football

The Hurricanes practice their field goals.

Bryce Wheaton

Bryce Wheaton

Bryce Wheaton, Staff Writer

On Thursday, May 18, the Hurricanes won against Ransom Everglades and Florida Christian at Ransom Everglades High School.

The three teams played each other once for half of a game. Consisting of only freshman, sophomores, and juniors, the young team had a lot of upcoming talent, according to Coach Bryant.

This is when the young players got their chance to prove themselves as varsity players.

“We have a lot of young talent I am excited to see,” Bryant said before the game

With only a few weeks to practice before the game, the Hurricanes worked hard to get into game shape.

“Practices have been harder than years past,” said junior Isaiah Edwards, who is an offensive lineman, before the game. “There is a lot more conditioning involved in our practices.”

That is how Hurricanes football is played. They practice  in-game tempo so that come game time, the speed of the game will be no surprise.

With optimism high and practices running smooth, the Hurricanes were confident about their fast approaching spring football game.

The Hurricanes prevailed, winning both of their half games. The Hurricanes won both games holding their opponents to no points at all. The finals resulting in a 27-0 win over Ransom, and 14-0 win over Florida Christian.

Bryce Wheaton
Defensive end Ty Harrelson poses with head Coach Alfonso Bryant.