’13 Reasons Why’ Gains Traction With Students

This is Your Tape, Coral Shores

Netflix's new series, '13 Reasons Why' touches on topics of bullying and teen suicide.

Contributed

Meghan Dougherty, Staff Writer

Contributed
Netflix’s new series, ’13 Reasons Why’ touches on topics of bullying and teen suicide.

13 Reasons Why,” a new series available on Netflix, brings to light how bullying affects people, and has become a hit at Coral Shores.

On Mar. 31, 2017, the new Netflix series was released. The show became a smash hit on Netflix as soon as it was released, and millions started to watch.

“It makes people realize how something you say or do, no matter how small, can really impact someone’s life,” Senior Daymaris Garcia said.

The series teaches viewers that even the smallest comment could mean a lot to a person and that you should always think before you speak.

“13 Reasons Why is a great series to bring awareness to bullying because it’s almost like a reality check for everyone that watches it,” freshman Hannah Lane said. “It makes you realize that every little thing you do to someone matters.”

Reviews of 13 Reasons Why are sky high, including a score of 8.7/10 on IMDB. Many students at Coral Shores really enjoy the show and emphasize why you should watch it.

“13 Reasons Why is a great series to bring awareness to bullying,” sophomore Rachael Clark said.  “They say the words most people can’t say and it shows how people may not show they’re hurting during school, but behind doors they’re going through much more. It really being awareness to the fact that rumors can ruin so many people’s lives and turn people against each other”