Spirit Week: Hit or Miss?

Classes+fight+for+who+is+the+better+class+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Spirit Week: Hit or Miss?

Classes fight for who is the better class

CONTRIBUTED

CONTRIBUTED

CONTRIBUTED

Genessa Miranda, Opinion Editor

Spirit week, a week of exciting festivities encouraged by staff and administration. We love to go all out and be creative, but were these days recreations of old ideas?

There has been an abundance of upset students saying that these days we’re not created with time or effort, but rather laziness.  

Coral Shores students gave their opinions on whether or not these spirit week days were justifiable in a poll conducted on Twitter.

The poll concluded that 8% of students loved the spirit week days, 8% really did not care about the days, and a whopping 83% of students agreed that the days chosen this year were the same as last year

“This year I would have liked to see something that tied into October like a monster week,” said freshman Katie Figueroa.

Due to the unexpectedness of Irma, coming up with exciting new ideas was rather tough, which made some students understand the rush and pressure they were under. Others however, were not so forgiving and expected a bit more.

“The days are mediocre, some are good, but days like pajama day, seem boring,” said  freshman Cresario Del Pino.

“The spirit week days are repetitive and lame,” said senior GiGi Matos. “The days should have consisted with a theme, it feels like we’ve had these days four times too many.”

Some seniors felt that with this being their last spirit week, they would have enjoyed getting to have fresh ideas that they haven’t seen before.

CONTRIBUTED
“Mustard couldn’t ketchup,” said junior Kadrian Williams

Some student council members were able to think of creative ideas but were ultimately shot down stated an anonymous source.

We hope to let this be a lesson, that it’s impossible to get away with continuously repeating days. In the meantime, there’s always next year to get it right.