The World of Music Takes off With New Technology

Adrian Munoz, Staff Writer

In today’s society, music is considered an essential aspect of everyday life; a nuance of humanity that can’t be replaced. In a world filled with endless topics to write a song about, there are various new artists releasing tracks with unique stylistic flairs.

The music world is continuing to evolve with numerous apps and websites that can be used to access any genre of music necessary.

SoundCloud, Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, and Apple Music are some of the most popular apps people use to listen to their favorite music.

People at Coral Shores gave their opinions and listed some of their favorite artists.

“I listen to music on Spotify,” said junior Avery Caceres. “I really like the rapper 21 Savage because of the beats to his songs; they just really get me hyped up.”

Biology teacher Jacob Poelma plays instrumental music while his students take notes.

Outside of class, Poelma enjoys listening to singer-songwriter-style music. His favorite artist in this genre is Bob Dillon.

“I am not a fan of trap rap; I really enjoy hip-hop much better,” Poelma said.

His top three artists right now are Chance the rapper, Childish Gambino, and D.R.A.M.

In spirit of Hispanic Heritage month, one student shared her opinion on Cuban music.

Junior Mabel Martinez explained popular Cuban artists and why they are so highly esteemed.

“I listen mostly to Ozuna and Bad Bunny because they address what is going on in society these days,” Martinez said.