New Boys’ Basketball Coach Ready to Lead Team to Victory

Nicole Wapinsky, Staff Writer

On Tuesday Oct. 24, the Jarrod Mandozzi was announced as the Coral Shores 2017-2018 boys basketball coach.

Mandozzi joins Coral Shores as head varsity boys basketball coach with an extensive background in coaching at college, high school, and national Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) levels.

He has coached both boys and girls programs, but most recently he coached Island Christian School’s boys varsity program to its most successful season in years.

Boys’ basketball head coach, Jared Mandozzi.

“I’m extremely excited to join Coral Shores,” said Mandozzi. “I’m very proud of what we accomplished at Island Christian School last year and I think that the program is in a very good place with a number of returning young players to the varsity squad who got some good experience last year.”

Athletic Director Rich Russell is also excited to have Mandozzi coaching the boys’ basketball team this upcoming season.

“We are thrilled and honored to have Jarrod take over our boys’ basketball program,” Russell said. “He obviously brings a ton of experience–much at the collegiate level—to our program.”

Tryouts for the boys varsity basketball team will be held Monday, Nov. 6.

“I’m looking forward to meeting the team, but I feel that there is still some healing that needs to be done before the season as a result of Irma,” Mandozzi said.