CSHS Takes On Black Friday, Cyber Monday

Jason Polanco, Staff Writer

For many, Black Friday and Cyber Monday is a time to take advantage of great deals and do some Christmas shopping, but is that true for residents of the Keys?

Businesses begin to advertise their Black Friday sales.

Depending on where you live in the Keys, you are at least 20 miles away from “civilization,” and it can be difficult to make your way to stores and benefit from all the discounted prices, but some still prefer to make the trip.

“Black Friday shopping is better,” junior Jesse Rego said. “Sure it’s pretty chaotic, but it’s nice to get the stuff you wanted right away instead of waiting for it to get shipped to your house.”

The isolation many residents experience makes it difficult for Black Friday shopping to occur, but that is where Cyber Monday comes in.

“Technology has grown so much in the past decade that it’s just easier to shop online,” junior Keely Flanagan said. “It’s even more convenient here in the Keys since we’re so far away from everything.”

Despite some people’s eagerness to snag deals, some people prefer to leave their shopping for a later day instead of dealing with the chaos that Black Friday and Cyber Monday bring.

Shoppers pile into stores to take advantage of all the sales.

“I don’t think it’s worth it,” senior Lorena Perez said. “Sure there are great deals, but what is the point of getting all that stress just to get disappointed when you aren’t able to get what you want; you might as well just wait.”