Coral Shores Students Get Ready for Winter Spirit Week

Jason Polanco, Staff Writer

Coral Shores students pose as they show off their outfits during Scrabble day in Homecoming Spirit Week.

Upon the return from the holiday break, a winter spirit week is in store for the students at Coral Shores.

Spirit week is an entire week dedicated to a theme that students dress accordingly for.

The first day of festivities will begin on Monday, Jan. 22, however the themes for the week are still pending.

“I love everything about spirit week,” senior Gianilys Matos said. “It’s awesome to see everybody dressing up and getting involved.”

Senior Elijah Woods busts a move during the Homecoming Spirit Week pep rally.

The last day of spirit week is usually culminated by a pep rally where the students participate in various activities and the winter sports teams are put on display.

“I remember two years ago when we had a winter spirit week and the teams had a dance off,” senior Elijah Woods said. “Our team made a circle and I was in the middle doing my thing; it was a lot of fun.”

Mr. Coral Shores will be held on the last day of spirit week along with the pep rally.

Mr. Coral Shores is a spin-off of Ms. Coral Shores where male students showcase their talents and compete to be crowned Mr. Coral Shores.

“It was a fun experience,” last year Mr. Coral Shores competitor junior Derrick Davis said. Davis was runner-up last year. “All the guys had really funny talents, and it was cool to get an opportunity to participate in it.”

Last year Mr. Coral Shores competitor Derrick Davis keeps the competitive juices flowing as he participates in a pep rally event.