Blowing Big Clouds with Lil G

Vapes Becoming Problematic at CSHS

Senior Tanaris Walker and junior Adrian Munoz show big muscles while blowing big clouds
(these are pencil lead holders not vapes).

Senior Tanaris Walker and junior Adrian Munoz show big muscles while blowing big clouds (these are pencil lead holders not vapes).

GENESSA MIRANDA

GENESSA MIRANDA

Genessa Miranda, Opinion Editor

Juul, Suorin, Phix, anybody got a pod to spare? These are all vaping products students at Coral Shores High School (CSHS) are all too familiar with, but does Officer Larry approve?

Do you like clouds? Well now you can make your own with the help of a vape. This product is basically the robotic cousin of the cigarette but without the bad reputation attached. Don’t let the youngins deceive you though. These are not regulated by the FDA and could possibly have detrimental health effects later on down the line but yolo right?

While rubbing away her headache most likely due to the nonstop chaos that has recently came down on CSHS, Ms. Alvaro shows a filing cabinet drawer filled with all sorts of vaping products. No joke, there were probably enough in there for her to start up her own vape shop.

“Its beginning to be a real problem,” said Ms. Alvaro “They’re [students] are getting addicted and they don’t even know it.”

If Ms. Alvaro has ever caught you with a vape, you most likely get the health talk every time you cross paths. Alvaro likes to warn students she’s busted by talking about popcorn lung and the black tar bubbling away inside of your lungs.

Now I know what you’re thinking, Genessa, it’s all hype, no one’s addicted, adults are just trying to scare us into not smoking. That’s where you’re wrong pal. Sally Hudson, a pseudonym for a real student, stated she was on the brink of having an addiction to her Suorin.

“I started noticing there was a problem when I would get headaches whenever I didn’t hit my Suorin, I had to really cut back,” said Sally.

As ridiculous as it sounds to get “addicted”, according to the FDA, the number of users in middle and high school rose from 1.5% to a whooping 16.0%. That’s a lot of 13-18 year olds blowing clouds. My one question is, where are young kids getting them from?

GENESSA MIRANDA: HURRICANE WATCH//Adrian Munoz and Tanaris Walker flex as they pretend to vape; Mack Gym has had obvious effects on Munoz’s biceps.

It’s obvious that if you are between the ages of 16-18 you have an easier time accessing these products. But if you’re the ripe age of 13 , your chances are slim to none. All I want to know is where are the parents in these situations? My dear mother would absolutely beat me if she ever saw smoke coming out of my mouth.

1 Comment

One Response to “Blowing Big Clouds with Lil G”

1. Nando Munoz on February 22nd, 2018 9:09 am

I look huge

Blowing Big Clouds with Lil G