Holly Given Fishing Tournament

KC Spaulding, Staff Writer

This December a group of friends of the givens family is putting together a sailfish tournament in honor and memory of Holly Given.

Holly always brightened the room and had a smile on her face. Fishing was truly one of her favorite things to do.

We hope to have a tournament date and dinner date all done and planned within the next two to four months.

Holly’s favorite fish to catch was sailfish. The main targeted species will be sailfish, along with any fun species such as dolphin, tuna, kingfish, and most outstanding catch.

We hope this tournament will grow within the year and years we plan to have it and help us all remember what a wonderful and happy person she was.

All the money raised will be given to a charity of her family’s choice. We plan to have trophies donated from one on more of the offers we have received.

She was such a big part of this town. We ask this amazing community to come together and help in any little ways we can. This is the least we can do for Holly and the Given family.

On December 27, 2017 in short notice, we set up a day to fish for Holly. There was six boats out of West Palm, four boats out of Fort Lauderdale, three boats out of Miami. The boats out of the Florida Keys that had charters or not all fished for Holly.

That day was one of the best days of sailfishing all year. We had 11 people on the boat including a few members of the Given family. Once we got In the fish, it was nonstop action; we hooked 10 sailfish in just a few hours of fishing.

Spread the word and help make this a day to remember Holly Given.

K.C. Spaulding is a fourth-generation fisherman on the fishing boat Caribsea, a local family-run and family-owned business.

CONTRIBUTED
Friends and family gathered at Holly Tournament