Two For the Books

Two CSHS Student Athletes Were Selected Citizen's All-Monroe County Co- Players of the Year

Contributed
Back to Article
Back to Article

Two For the Books

Contributed

Contributed

Contributed

Contributed

Kyla Catarineau, Managing Editor

With the Monroe County high school girls soccer season having ended, two Coral Shores High School (CSHS) sophomores were selected as Monroe County Co- Players of the Year on Saturday, Feb. 24.

The two players that were selected are sophomores Kyla Catarineau and Isabella Bolivar.

Catarineau and Bolivar are only the second and third CSHS students to ever receive this honor, as last year Catarineau’s older sister, Keeley Catarineau, was the first ever CSHS student to take the title.

“It’s really cool to have been chosen this year as best in the county with Isabella because not only was my sister the first CSHS student to receive the title, but now I’m the second and we’re sisters,” Catarineau said. “I mean who can say that their sibling and them were the first two students ever to receive this title.”

Though Bolivar doesn’t have a sibling that received this title, she is very excited to have been chosen.

“I am honored to receive the All- County Co- Player of the Year with Kyla,” Bolivar said. “The season was filled with many wins and laughs and I’m proud of how hard the team worked to improve. I can’t wait for next year!”

The Monroe All- County team.//Contributed

Catarineau and Bolivar were selected for their skill and leadership on this year’s team, according to keysnews.com.

The coach of the team, Pat Fazio, agrees with the above statement, but added as to why he believes Catarineau and Bolivar were selected.

“I feel they were chosen because they earned the respect of their teammates,” Coach Fazio said. “The leadership roles and the field play they both took out on the pitch during games was very noticeable. I’m proud of them both!”

The two were the top two scorers on the team this year with Catarineau scoring a total of 16 goals and Bolivar scoring a total of 11 goals.

In addition to being the top scorer, Catarineau was also a captain on the team, along with sophomore Emma Lovell and senior Lexi Gautier.

Both Lovell and Gautier were chosen for the All- County team, which is a hypothetical team with some of the best players from the county. The All- County Co- Players of the year are also put on the All- County team.

Also selected from CSHS were sophomores Erin Rodberg and Madeline Chilton, along with senior Alexis Rainwater.