Students Not Attending College Plan For Future

Adrian Munoz, Staff Writer

CONTRIBUTED
Junior Cassie Willis captured a picture of the Marshall Student Center on her visit to University of South Florida (USF)

Many Coral Shores students prepare to go to college or into the military after graduation, but many students plan to take other paths in life.

Whether a senior or not, there are many students who are thinking about what to do as their time here at Coral Shores comes to an end.

“I haven’t decided yet, but if I had the option, I would like to attend University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences,” junior Calvin Kemmer said. “I’m indecisive for right now, and it will suck to leave high school, but it’s what I have to do.”

Although some people aren’t interested in college, one of the most popular careers a lot of students would like to pursue is nursing and other occupations in the medical field.

Junior Cassie Willis has already decided on what path to take after her four years in CSHS.

“I’m going to be a nurse after high school; that’s what has got my attention ever since I was in eighth grade,” she said.

To accomplish her goal of becoming a nurse, Willis will attend Santa Fe College in Gainesville for four years and receive her bachelors degree in nursing.

“I look forward to helping people because it would make me feel good to make a positive difference in someone’s life,” Willis said.

Many people believe that education is key. However, there are some people who disagree with this and would rather work and save up their money for what they feel is more important in life.

According to the National Center for Education Statistics nces.ed.gov, in fall 2017, some 20.4 million students were expected to attend American Colleges and universities; this results in a major increase of about 5.1 million since fall 2000.

Another route that some students take is to ingress in to a police academy. Seniors Jesus Perez and Brian Mora have decided to take on the challenge after graduation this year.

The process involves about seven to eight months of intense training and dedication to accomplish the goal of becoming a police officer.