Oddities of the Vast Internet

Coral Shores Students React to Unusual Online Products

Destiny Ruiz, Staff Writer

Have you ever wanted to cuddle up at night with a pillow with Nicolas Cage’s beautiful face on it? That’s not even up for debate, everyone does.

CONTRIBUTED//The Lumo Lift is advertised online.

At least once in everyone’s rabbit hole internet searches, they have come across weird items that are up for sale. Amazon seems to be the primary dealer of these oddities.

We all have encountered some strange inventions on the internet, whether it be some weird kitchen mechanism or just some random object you didn’t even think existed; but what Is the allure of these products?

One of these unique findings is The Lumo Lift Posture Coach and Activity Tracker, which is a device that you can put in your shirt which then sends vibration reminders to maintain proper posture.

CONTRIBUTED//Pictured is the Dine Ink Utensil Set as seen online.

“I have definitely seen some weird inventions online,” senior Lillie Carter said. “I don’t think this one is smart because you’re supposed to put in in your shirt, and your clothes can shift, so it isn’t always guaranteed to be accurate. I wouldn’t buy it and I definitely don’t think its worth the price because there is no way it’s accurate.”

Another oddity found was Dine Ink Utensil Kit, which essentially consists of utensils that attach to the top of your pen and then you can use to eat.

“I don’t think this is a good invention because you could get like ink poisoning or something; I’d rather just pack a plastic fork or spoon,” senior Samantha Demeritt said. “I could buy a whole pack of all of those utensils for the same price, maybe even less,”

To see other weird internet oddities, click here.