Spring Football Prepare to Start Practice

Tanaris Walker, Staff Writer

Flowers, humid hot days, and allergies. These are all things that come to mind when you think of spring, and when spring arrives, with it comes spring football.

CONTRIBUTED
Upcoming senior Valente Reynoso and junior Geronimo pose in their game jerseys.

The Coral Shores High School football team is preparing to start up practices for spring football on Monday, April 23, and will practice until May 18 when they have their spring game.

This is a transition for the juniors on the team as they are now the seniors and have a new role as leaders of the team.

“Now that it is my senior year, I have to lead the younger guys in the right direction and teach them things that will help to make them the best they can be,” upcoming senior Valente Reynoso said.

The team has lost most of their players from the past year due to the seniors graduating, which means the other players will have to fill in the missing spots.

“Being one of the few returning starting players from last year, I’ll be helping the newer people get adjusted to their spots,” upcoming junior Geronimo Reynoso said.

After not having the season they wanted to have the past year, the Canes are determined to have a more fruitful season this year.

“We’re all working hard in the weight room putting sweat and tears into this team” freshman Ozain Martinez said.

CONTRIBUTED
Coral Shores High School football team does practice drills with coach James.

The coaches are excited to see what these group of players will bring to the table, and see great potential in this team.

“This group of guys have learned from the ones above them and I’m excited to see what they have,” defensive back coach Herbert James said.