Softball Season Coming to an End

Emma Brower, Staff Writer

CONTRIBUTED Keely Flanagan gets ready to pitch during a tournament game.

As the Coral Shores softball season comes to an end, the Lady Canes are hoping to end the season strong.

The Lady canes are hoping to end the season 15-2; their overall record right now is 10-2.

As the season comes to an end, the Lady Canes have been making minor adjustments to make sure they can finish out the season on a good note. The team has been making position changes throughout the year as they lost many players last year.

The new players have been stepping up to the plate and are improving everyday. “If we didn’t have all these new players I don’t know where we would stand right now,” junior Anna Langley said. Langley has been playing on the team for three years.

CONTRIBUTED Atlantis Hoffstetter hits a dinger during a tournament game.

As the new players came in there have been a lot of changes; this has been giving many players opportunities to learn to play different spots.

“I have never played first or third in softball, and ever since this season started those are the only positions I have played,” sophomore Lexy Brito said.

CONTRIBUTED
Softball players pose for a picture after their first practice of the season.

The Lady Canes have four more games until senior night. Senior night is Friday, April 20. The team only has one senior this year. The team is trying to make this senior night special.

“Being the only senior, I want to make this year special,” senior Samantha Howell said.

The team is set to play next week on Wednesday, April 18, Thursday, April 19 and Friday, April 20.