Seniors Take On Grad Bash

CONTRIBUTED Last year's seniors with their passes, ready to enter the Grad Bash event.

Melanie Porras, Staff Writer

As the end of the year approaches, most seniors are counting down their remaining days of high school until graduation. Although students are experiencing “senioritis,” Grad Bash is a fun way for the Class of 2018 to bond with their classmates to kick off their last weeks at Coral Shores High School (CSHS).

Grad Bash at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure in Orlando is coming up on Friday, April 20 for graduating seniors. This once-in-a-lifetime event will give high school seniors a night to remember at the second most popular theme park in Florida. Aside from this being a senior-only event, those who attend have both parks to themselves for the night, as it is closed early for the public.

CONTRIBUTED The Universal Globe in Orlando.

Seniors will enjoy Orlando’s most thrilling rides and attractions, street entertainment, a live DJ, and an exclusive concert featuring Sean Paul.

CONTRIBUTED Jamaican rapper Sean Paul will be the featured performer at this year’s Grad Bash.

“I’m really looking forward to have the chance to go to one of my favorite places with all my best friends and going on all the different rides with everyone,” senior Brianna Costa said. “I think it’s an experience every senior should take because it’s one of our last chances to do something fun with our senior class before we graduate.”

Seniors are meeting at the gym at 11:30 a.m. and leaving at 1 p.m. from the school. Making two rest stops, they will arrive at Orlando around 6:30 p.m. Grad Bash opens up for hundreds of seniors across the state of Florida at 7 p.m. until 2 a.m.

“I recommend bringing a blanket, because it may be cold on the bus, a change of clothes, snacks, and money for food,” Senior Sponsor Mrs. King said.

For the trip, it is also recommended to wear comfortable clothes and shoes, but all students must follow dress code. Students who are not in dress code will be denied entry into Universal Studios. Click here to read the dress code guidelines for Grad Bash.

To survive the night, senior Andrea Beckman thinks it’s best to ride the most popular rides first, such as Revenge of The Mummy, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, and The Incredible Hulk Coaster. The park will be packed and lines will be long, so getting a chance to ride the best attractions as time is flying by is a good option.

“I actually go to Universal a lot during the year and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and Ripsaw Falls have been my favorite rides,” senior Andrea Beckman said. “I love rides that scare me, the adrenaline rush is great.”

Besides speeding through darkness on Revenge of The Mummy and rocking out at 65 mph on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, students will also be able to shop for merchandise around both parks.

“I’m really excited to purchase a wand at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter,” senior Isabella Oliver said. “I’ve recently finished all the books and the movie series, so I’m fresh on all of the information and I’m a huge fan.”

To see more about what Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure has to offer, click here.