Coral Shores Prom To Be Held at Cheeca Lodge

Theme Revealed as 'Asia by the Shore'

CONTRIBUTED//
This is the Cheeca Lodge, where prom is being held.

CONTRIBUTED// This is the Cheeca Lodge, where prom is being held.

Emma Brower, Staff Writer

As the end of the year approaches, so does prom. With a theme of “Asia by the Shore,” prom will be held on Saturday, May 19 at the Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada.

Normally Cheeca Lodge doesn’t host prom, but this year they made an exception because of Mangrove Mike’s owner, Mike Forster, who helped get the location.

In addition to getting Cheeca Lodge for this year’s prom location, Forster donated a significant amount of money and is going to cater the food at prom to make this prom a memorable one.

CONTRIBUTED/ Junior Bella Olsen (left) and senior Paige Joyce (right) pose at last year’s prom.

“If it wasn’t for Mike Forster, tickets would be a lot of money and we probably wouldn’t be able to do the theme that we are doing now,” junior class sponsor Mrs. Anderson said.

The theme of the prom was announced Monday, April 23.

“I’m excited to see how the theme will turn out; I’ve never heard of a theme like this one,” senior Tanaris Walker said.

In preparation for prom, Mrs. Anderson will be holding multiple fundraisers in hopes of making this prom really special.

CONTRIBUTED/ Three senior boys stop and pose for a shot at last year’s prom picture location.

“The fundraisers are important because if we raise more money we can have more cool things at prom,” Anderson said.

One of the fundraisers was the Mr. Coral Shores competition, which costed $5 at the door to get in.

Mrs. Anderson also held a faculty talent show on Thursday, April 26 at 7 p.m. The cost was also $5 at the door.