Coral Shores Family Purchases Dairy Queen

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dairy Queen is currently being remodeled.

Destiny Ruiz, Staff Writer

After opening for a short period of time after Hurricane Irma, Dairy Queen was robbed at gunpoint and was closed down for several months, however the building has recently been purchased by two Coral Shores students’ brother and is expected to open mid-May with a new modern look.

CONTRIBUTED Steven Nekhaila new owner of Dairy Queen.

The Coral Shores students whose brother purchased the building are sophomore Sarah Nekhaila and junior Sean Nekhaila.

Nekhaila’s oldest brother, Steven Nekhaila, purchased the Dairy Queen property in hopes of bringing ‘everyone’s favorite ice cream place back.

One Coral Shores student is among the “everyone” in “everyone’s favorite ice cream place.”

“I am so excited for Dairy Queen to reopen,” junior Shannon McCormick said. “I have the biggest sweet tooth and always crave blizzards, so it not being open anymore really stinks.”

Based on reactions like McCormick’s, Sarah Nekhaila believes people will be thrilled to see it open again.

CONTRIBUTED Dairy Queen features their blizzard of the month.

“Everyone will be happy to see Dairy Queen back, it was a local favorite,” sophomore Nekhaila said. “Plus, it’ll show that we can come back as a community after the devastation hurricane Irma caused.”

Some students are so excited to see the Dairy Queen back open that they’re already imagining what they would order.

“My favorite thing to get is the fudge stuffed cookie for sure,” McCormick said. “It’s so good, it’s a warm chocolate chip cookie with a fudge inside and vanilla ice cream. Nobody really knows about it, but I 100% recommend it. I’m personally going to get it when Dairy Queen opens up.”

1 Comment

One Response to “Coral Shores Family Purchases Dairy Queen”

1. Marianne Marchitto on May 1st, 2018 7:15 am

Congratulations Steven , Aunt Marianne & Uncle Joe, wish you the Best of Luck.