Four Weeks Remain for CSHS Seniors

Mock Trial Team Takes Home Award at State Championships

Back to Article
Back to Article

Four Weeks Remain for CSHS Seniors

The CSHS Mock Trial team stands on stage as they are recognized for their achievement at the State Championship.

Kyla Catarineau

Kyla Catarineau

Kyla Catarineau

Kyla Catarineau, Managing Editor

At the last Coral Shores High School (CSHS) State of the Hurricane (SOH) of the 2017- 2018 school year, Principal Fry reminded students that there are only four weeks remaining for the seniors and five weeks until finals for the other students.

“As the school year comes to an end, I just wanted to say that I think this has been the most challenging school year that students at CSHS, or in the district for that matter have ever faced,” Principal Fry said. “You’ve [CSHS students] done an amazing job, just stay the course for the last few weeks and finish strong.”

The PAC Man pulls up a video of Coffin and Baker’s rescue interview.

Vice Principal Alvaro also proudly announced at the SOH that the Mock Trial team took home the Professionalism Award at the State Championships.

“Many judges and attorneys who were rating the team said that they [the team] were better than most judges and attorneys that they [judges and attorneys] had seen in court,” Vice Principal Alvaro said.

The hosts of the SOB also announced at the SOH that two senior boys rescued a family whose boat had capsized. The two seniors are Will Coffin and Mason Baker. Click here for the entire story.

“We would just like to thank Will and Mason for their heroic act,” host at the SOH senior Brooke Peacock said.

Ms. Dobson stands on the stage as she watches a video students and staff made for her.

Students additionally found out at the SOH the leaders of next school year.

The secretary will be rising senior Jonathan Babich, the treasurer will be rising junior Molly Gahagan, the vice president will be rising senior Billy Butler, and the president will be rising senior will be Katie Robinson.

Concluding the SOH, Ms. Dobson was named this year’s Most Spirited Teacher.

“This year there was no question as to who we would like to recognize for this award: Ms. Dobson,” host at the SOH senior Paige Joyce said.