Seniors Call Grad Bash Memorable

Melanie Porras, Staff Writer

MELANIE PORRAS/Hurricane Watch
Left to right: Rachelle Magdaong, Ashley Day, and Melanie Porras pose in front of the Grad Bash wall.

Students arrived back to Coral Shores High School (CSHS) from Universal Studios at 8 a.m. Saturday morning, April 21. Exhausted from hours of roaming the park and waiting in lines, seniors describe their experience at Grad Bash.

CONTRIBUTED
Andrea Beckman and her friends wait in line for the Harry Potter ride in Diagon Alley.

“Grad Bash was a lot of fun because I got to spend time with my friends at a place I love to go,” senior Andrea Beckman said. “I met some cool people from other schools and I even saw some of my friends from the elementary school I went to in Jensen Beach, which was super cool.”

Unlike Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure have more roller coasters and thrill rides. The most anticipated ride of the night was The Hulk. Students who craved the adrenaline rush were waiting hours in line to ride this coaster with their friends.

“The wait for the ride was extremely long, a whole 90 minutes, but it was worth every minute of it,” senior Tanaris Walker said.

MELANIE PORRAS/Hurricane Watch
Frozen Butterbeer is sold in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Although lines at the most popular and thrilling rides were very long, students who weren’t fans of roller coasters enjoyed the other rides with shorter lines. Rides such as The Mummy, Spider-Man, and the Flight of the Hippogriff are good starters for students who are afraid of big rides.

“I went on The Mummy, which was still really scary and dark, but the drop was only 39′,” senior Samantha Demerritt said. “Even if you’re afraid of roller coasters like me, you can still have fun at this park with the other rides.”

Seniors were able to walk around freely throughout the parks from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. For street entertainment, they also had the opportunity to see Sean Paul live in concert at 10:30 p.m.

“I thought the concert was dope. I’ve never really been to a live concert, so it was definitely different and a better physical experience,” senior Elijah Woods said. “I enjoyed it and I’ve been listening to Sean Paul for a while. My mom used to play it in the car every once in a while.”