Cinema 5 Sold Out On Avengers: Infinity War Tickets

The wait is over, Avengers: Infinity War is available in theaters now!

Melanie Porras, Staff Writer

The hit movie “Avengers: Infinity War” now has had the best opening weekend of all time according to boxofficemojo.

Kicking off the summer box office race, the most anticipated film for Marvel fans hauled in $630 million worldwide, except for China. Local movie theater, Cinema 5 in Tavernier, was sold out on Thursday, April 26, the day of the early screening.

Senior Isabella Oliver was working in the theater on the night of the first screening.

CONTRIBUTED: Pictured is the local movie theater Cinema 5; check out showtimes to watch this film.

“It was definitely one of our busiest nights and the first showing was completely sold out,” Oliver said. “All 131 chairs available were gone in the first 30 minutes. So I would say this would have to be one of the most successful Marvel movies yet, apart from Black Panther.”

Infinity War is the biggest event Marvel has ever held. Reviews are calling it an exciting masterpiece of a superhero film. Fans from all over the world and Coral Shores High School (CSHS) have been supporting this phenomenon, which has made it the biggest opening weekend for not only the Marvel movies, but of all time. It’s truly a thrilling ride from start to finish, with a lot of great story telling, incredible visuals, and amazing acting from all of the people involved. This film has made a huge impact in movie history, and it’s only the beginning from here.

CONTRIBUTED: Pictured is the official poster for Avengers: Infinity War.

Other than the monetary success this movie has achieved, it has received various emotional responses from fans who couldn’t help but express their shock at the movie’s ending.

“I couldn’t see the movie most of the time because I was crying so much and I just sat in the theater with my mouth wide open until the credits were done,” senior Seamus Dougherty said.

The film was released on April 27,  marking the 10th anniversary of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The sequel of this movie is scheduled to be released in April or May 2019.

“This movie was great, however, it was a mix of emotions at the end for many people,” senior Edgar Gutierrez said. “I’m definitely going to see part two next year; I’m hoping to see what happens next with the Avengers.”