Jumping into Senior Year and What to Expect

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mr. Gabriel Suarez looking fresh as heck in his senior picture

Isabel Jacobsen

Isabel Jacobsen

Isabel Jacobsen

Genessa Miranda, Opinion Editor

As this year begins to come to a close, Coral Shores seniors prepare to begin their journey into the real world and experience life outside this small rock. Meanwhile, for juniors, everything seems to be a rain of constant fire.

Not everything is sunshine and rainbows when it comes to senior year, though. Although it’s sugar-coated to be the time of your life, there was one senior who when asked how senior year was going for them, they simply replied, “Well, I guess illegal substances doesn’t look good on paper.” Drugs seemed to be a popular way for seniors to de-stress along with self-deprecating jokes to escape the reality that in less than a month they will be slapped in the face with reality.  Never class of 2019 though, on God’s good word they would never touch a single marijuana. Not in this good Christian suburb. So stay away from things you know will get you in trouble like drugs.

It’s truly astounding how senior year is coming up so soon. To think three years ago I was an annoying bag of trash entering high school to now, a slightly more annoying bag of trash on the verge of tears due to the constant crippling stress and load of school is almost over is uplifting. The fact that we’ll be able to experience this again but be stuck in debt after for the rest of our natural-born lives is what I live for to be honest.

I’m not being pessimistic, it just boils down to the fact that some people don’t have a good high school

Isabel Jacobsen
A blurry Mr.Suarez reminds us of how he of so dearly misses high school.

experience.

“I don’t know what’s going on,” said cheerful junior Anna Langley.

Granted, I’ve had a great experience up to this point and I’m grateful for one thing:  I’m glad I haven’t peaked in high school. It’s simply sad to hear people in their 20’s reminisce of the “good old days” in the wise words of Kim Kardashian, tragic.

“We knew we were subordinates so we didn’t try to be on their level,” said Mr. Suarez.

To turn this into more of a positive, senior Gigi Matos recommended for upcoming seniors to get as many ACT and SAT’s in as possible before it’s too late to put on applications, and to enjoy the lasts of spirit weeks and homecoming, almost like the calm before the college storm.