Yearbook Signing Party Wraps Up The School Year

Melanie Porras, Staff Writer

HURRICANE WATCH/Melanie Porras
Students gather in the cafeteria to pick up their yearbooks.

With the school year quickly coming to an end, the yearbook staff held their annual yearbook signing party on Friday, May 18 in the cafeteria. The yearly event celebrates the completion of the book and gives students an opportunity to reminisce and spend time together before the school year ends. As graduation grows closer, seniors receiving their last high school yearbook are inspired to take advantage of the limited time they have left.

Melanie Porras

HURRICANE WATCH/Melanie Porras
Students sign off before receiving their yearbook.

“I thought my last high school yearbook was very nice, and looking through it, I noticed that more people who aren’t always included were featured,” senior Brianna Costa said. “It was nice to see different faces than the usual faces we’ve seen in previous yearbooks.”

Although this year’s journalism class was very small and low in staff, the editors-in-chief, seniors Angel Kelley and Airiana Lindback, were able to complete this year’s yearbook in time with over 200 pages.

“It was definitely stressful at times, but I loved being able to work on the yearbook because I got to be part of an amazing publication,” senior Destiny Ruiz said. “I’m incredibly proud of how this year’s yearbook turned out, I’d say it’s the best one yet.”

The yearbook signing party lasted from 2:00 to 2:30 p.m. After students received their 2017-2018 yearbook, they were able to enjoy a slice of free pizza while gathering with their friends and classmates.

“This year’s yearbook is very creative and detailed,” said freshman Leekcrystal Cruz. “This is my first year at Coral Shores High School (CSHS), and I have to say that it’s very impressive!”