Q&A About Spirit Week 2018

Zakerie Filpies, Kyle Richards Give Thoughts

The parade was held Friday, Oct. 12 before the football game.

Josh Minak, Contributor

For the most part, Coral Shores High School students seemed to think this year’s spirit week was the best ever. Here’s what two of them had to say:

Zakerie Filpies 10TH Grade:

What was your favorite day during spirit week?

My favorite day during Spirit Week was class color day because we came together as the class of 2021 and showed our school spirit by wearing our color blue as a class. Also, our class president did an outstanding performance on the sophomore’s stairwell by putting balloons, blue carpet leading up the staircase, and posters that presented the class of 2021.

What activity did you like the best for spirit week?

My favorite activity for Spirit Week was PowderPuff because I was able to coach the girls and help them get prepared for the big match-up against the seniors. Lastly, at the very end of it all I liked spending time together with my friends and have a good time and some laughs.

Kyle Richards 11th Grade:

My favorite day for spirit week was class color day because we were able to identify who were the freshman, and also, wear our class color orange representing the juniors “All eyes on us” and come together and try to win the pep rally but we fell just short! Our stairwell was very good and I believe it was the best in the school for sure!

My favorite activity was volley puff because we were all hyped for this specific activity that was on Friday, we beat the freshman by a big amount of points but we had a very big chance of beating the seniors although we were short just a couple points. I believe we will win for sure for our senior year. Our team is very good and I expect big things for the win.

For a video about the homecoming parade, click here.

For a video with interviews of the Hurricanes football team, click here.