CSHS Football Standout Robbie Prosek Commits to University of Miami

Prosek Named 'Best All Around Player' at Recent Banquet

Back to Article
Back to Article

Robbie pictured with his “Best All Around Player” award given at this year’s football banquet.  He’s also hold a hurricane flag.  After spending the past four years as a Coral Shores’ “Hurricane”, he is slated to spend the next four years as a University of Miami, “Hurricane.”

Robbie pictured with his “Best All Around Player” award given at this year’s football banquet. He’s also hold a hurricane flag. After spending the past four years as a Coral Shores’ “Hurricane”, he is slated to spend the next four years as a University of Miami, “Hurricane.”

Contributed

Robbie Prosek, a standout for Coral Shores’ football program, committed to the University of Miami December 19, the first day for signing a National Letter of Intent (NCAA).  Prosek, a 6’5”, 225 pound two-way end who also punted for the Canes, is being brought in as a “preferred athlete.”   Chip Francoforte, Assistant Director of Player Personnel extended an offer after the UM football staff reviewed Prosek game films.

Prosek, and his father Dr. Rob Prosek, made an “unofficial recruiting visit” to UM on November 3 for Miami’s game with Duke.  “It was a great experience,” said the younger Prosek.  “All the recruits got to eat together; we met and talked with the coaches,  and then went down on the field for pre-game.  It’s was an incredible atmosphere.”   Prosek– who is likely to have basketball offers as well– shared, “I ultimately picked Miami because of their great football tradition –including five national championships- and because they are an outstanding academic institution.   The coaches sold me on the benefits of small class sizes at a private university.”

Robbie with his father, Dr. Rob Prosek, pictured at Hard Rock Stadium during his football visit to UM (UM vs Duke—11/3/18)

“I’ve got a lot of work in front of me” stated Prosek.  “Right now I’m in the middle of our basketball season which is great for my training.  Coach Mandozzi puts a huge emphasis on ‘footwork’ which should help me with my football preparation as well.  As soon is basketball is over, I’m hitting the weight room hard and I’ll be working on ‘quickness drills’ with Coach (Herbert) James.”

James, the Associate Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator for the 7-3 CSHS Canes, starred at UM from ’87-91’; he won three national championship during his tenure (including his redshirt freshman year in 1987).  James shared, “The Coral Shores family is extremely proud of Robbie and I’m very proud he chose the University of Miami.  Robbie has a great frame and a lot of natural athletic ability.”

Coral Shores Head Coach Alphonso Bryant, in a prepared statement said, “Congratulations  to Robbie Prosek for doing such an awesome job this year helping our football team achieve success. I’m truly grateful for having the opportunity of coaching this young man for 4 years of his life.  I pray for his success as he enters the next level of his career at the University of Miami!”

Rich Russell, Athletic Director of Coral Shores, commented, “Robbie is a tremendous athlete but an even better person.  You won’t ever hear a person on campus say one bad word about him.  Our administration, staff and students all love him.  It’s an overused term but he really is charismatic.  Obviously we’re all incredibly proud of him and glad that he is staying close to home at UM.”