Coral Shores Baseball Star Signs with Shorter University

Michael Signorelli, a four-year standout catcher in the Coral Shores baseball program, has signed a scholarship to continue his playing career at Shorter University in Rome, Georgia. Signorelli, who hit a team leading .471 this past season, chose Shorter over several other in-state opportunities including Miami Dade, Indian River, Seminole State, Saint Petersburg College and Florida Institute of Technology. He capped an illustrious career with a three-run, walk-off homerun in his final at bat at Founders’ Park (Coral Shores’ home field).

Shorter University is a Division II School, and member of the Gulf South Conference. Their head coach, Wes Timmons, who spent 10 years as a player in the Atlanta Braves and Oakland Athletics organizations, had this to say of Signorelli: I think he fits perfectly into the vision of our program! We run a blue-collar, max effort type of program! We pride ourselves on out-working those on the other side!

More Quotes about Michael Signorelli:

We look for kids willing to sell out with their effort when the lights come on. We want guys that strive to be the best possible player God has created them to be, through hard work and preparation! Everything we’ve personally seen and heard from those in Michael’s camp, indicate he is exactly that! It’s not very often a high school player has the ability to come in and play every day as a freshman, but the opportunity is certainly there in Michael’s case. We couldn’t be more excited to see what God has in store for Michael here at Shorter U!!!—Wes Timmons-Head Baseball Coach, Shorter University

We are extremely proud of Michael’s dedication to baseball. He practices nonstop and his efforts have paid off. We are sure the work ethics and dedication he applies to baseball will help him in every aspect of his adult life. There are too many people to thank starting with his little league coaches, High school coaches and his travel team coaches. Of course we want to thank our Athletic Director Rich Russell for his guidance this year during Michael’s recruiting process—Frank and Linda Signorelli (parents)

Michael had another outstanding year. He plays the game with the passion and intensity of a college player. I can’t say enough about his work-ethic. I’m excited about his possibilities at the next level. I wish him the very best in college—Jon Young, CSHS Head Baseball Coach

Michael “Sig” Signorelli is the definition of a “Baseball Guy”. You can’t ask for a more motivated and driven student of the game. Baseball is Sig’s life. His 110% mentality is what have given him this opportunity to sign with Shorter University and further his baseball (and most importantly) educational careers—Brian Tiedemann, CSHS Asst. Baseball Coach

Shorter University and Coach Wes Timmons are receiving a very driven, dedicated, and passionate student athlete that will give nothing less than his best, 110% of the time. Congratulations to the Signorelli family on Sig’s next chapter of life. Success with Michael was never a matter of if, It’s was simply a matter of when. Congratulations Sig…I am beyond proud of you—Brian Tiedemann, CSHS Asst. Baseball Coach

I’m thrilled for Michael and his family. Shorter is a great opportunity for him; they are very excited about signing him and project him as a possible “day one” starter. I can’t remember any player from Coral Shores –with the possible exception of his coach, Jon Young—having a better “baseball work-ethic.” He has outstanding skill-set and is absolutely passionate about the game. I envision Michael being highly successful at Shorter University—Rich Russell, CSHS AD and former Head Baseball Coach at CSHS