‘I Hate Freshmen’

Kyla Catarineau, Columnist

Freshman Kyla Catarineau

Freshman Kyla Catarineau

As you may or may not know, a new and growing hate has recently been shed upon the freshman class, which is very much deserved.
The freshmen have many reasons to be hated, but the one that drove this strong of a feeling towards them is the destroying of the senior staircase.
I don’t know what ran through the freshman’s head that led to the destruction, but it is absolutely absurd to do that.
Though I don’t know what ran through the person’s head, I know what didn’t.
How early must the seniors have gotten up to make their staircase look like this is one thought that didn’t run through their head.
How much money was invested in the staircase to make it look as good as it did is another thought that went right out the window.
If I destroy the staircase, am I disrespecting the entire senior class and the color orange, the color my class will inherit?
The answers to these questions are: some of the seniors got up as early as 5:30 a.m., if not before, to make the staircase look as amazing as it did, the money invested in the staircase, just by looking at it, you can tell it costed at least a couple hundred dollars to make it look that good, and YES you are absolutely disrespecting the seniors and the color orange by tearing everything either down or to pieces.
The freshmen or freshman who did this obviously isn’t familiar with the word seniority and if they don’t know what it means here’s the definition: the fact or state of being older or higher in ranks or status than someone else.
If you still don’t understand that, it means that the seniors are superior to all the other classes INCLUDING the freshmen.
In high school you need to know where you stand, and freshmen, we are at the bottom of the stairs, and we won’t reach the top unless we keep climbing for two more years after this one. Actually, we won’t ever make it to the top of the staircase that the seniors worked so hard to create unless we know where we stand along the way. If you don’t know where you stand, look around, make some observations, and know that if you act as a senior as you are climbing you won’t get the best experience when you actually are one.